Faithful Living Community
2015 North Reading Rd.
Denver, PA 17517
Our Core Values:
To provide our residents and their families with quality service, care and facilities.
To respect and honor the value of each individual.
To strive always for honesty, good character, trustworthiness, fairness and equality.
To create an environment where each individual, whether employee or resident, can live life to the fullest – each one giving and receiving.
Non-Discrimination Policy for Residents:
Admissions, the provision of services, and referrals of clients shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or Limited English Proficiency.
FAITHFUL LIVING REOPENING PLAN
The Department of Health (DOH) and Department of Human Services (DHS) have provided guidance for reopening personal care facilities in a 3-Step approach. If Lancaster County reverts back to the Red phase, or if there is a new COVID-19 case with facility staff or residents, reopening ceases and all restrictions are reinstated. Our Reopening Plan may also be downloaded as a pdf by clicking this link..
- Universal testing was completed on 8/11/20 and 8/12/20.
- A total of 74 residents and 38 staff members were tested.
- ALL residents and staff results were negative.
- Residents and staff are screened and monitored daily for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Primary care physician is notified of any symptomatic residents.
- When testing is ordered, specimen is collected by facility nurse. Testing supplies are provided by commercial laboratory and available on site. Testing is completed within 24 hours and sent for processing at laboratory.
- If an outbreak occurs, the facility may test all residents and staff with testing supplies provided by the commercial lab.
IF A RESIDENT TESTS POSITIVE WITH COVID-19
- Residents with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis will be sent to the hospital for further evaluation and treatment. Per physician’s recommendation, the resident will discharge from the hospital to rehab or return to the facility and receive treatment as ordered.
- Anyone who enters Faithful Living is required to wear a mask and is screened.
- Residents and staff are screened daily for signs or symptoms.
- If a staff member is symptomatic or becomes ill during their shift, they will be sent home and are advised to follow the recommendations of their medical provider. Staff may return to work only when well and medically cleared to do so.
- Staff will notify facility if tested again, and results of test when available.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Personal Protective Equipment is inventoried every weekday, with supplies being ordered as needed.
- Faithful Living currently has adequate supply of masks, gloves, gowns, eye protection, and booties.
- PPE usage is calculated to ensure adequate supply is readily available for current and possible future needs.
- All departments have developed a plan to mitigate a staffing shortage to continue to exceed staffing requirements and provide consistent quality of care and promote a safe work environment.
- Facility is not experiencing any staffing shortage and has the ability to contract with agency staff if necessary to supplement and meet needs.
- Faithful Living does not currently have any volunteers.
- Communal dining is available to residents unexposed to COVID-19. Residents exposed or presumed positive will be served meals in their room.
- Hand hygiene is performed by staff and residents before and after all meals.
- Staff will assist residents to dining rooms at staggered times to promote social distancing.
- Residents will wear masks in halls and dining rooms. Masks may be removed for eating.
- Dining rooms are arranged with tables 6 feet apart and no more than 4 residents per table to practice social distancing.
- Small group activities will be limited to 10 or less residents unexposed to COVID-19.
- Masking, social distancing, and hand hygiene will be maintained during activities.
- Outdoor activities are encouraged, weather permitting. Virtual offerings will also continue.
- Beautician and barber scheduled services will resume with staff and single resident receiving service wearing mask at all times and shop being sanitized between residents.
- Hours of visitation are from 10am-4pm, pending staff availability and resident preference. Visits will be scheduled in 30 minute time periods.
- Visits must be scheduled by office or activity staff with logs maintained by administrator.
- Visitors will be limited to 3 at a time per resident. Children are permitted if over age 2 and able to wear a mask.
- Visitation will be outdoors, weather permitting. Indoor visitation will be in lobby area. There will be no visitation permitted in resident rooms or common areas.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times and maintain social distancing.
- Visitors will sign in and provide contact information before visitation and acknowledge screening and procedures required for visitation.
- End of life and compassion care visits may be conducted in resident rooms with appropriate hand hygiene and necessary PPE.
- Disinfection spray and hand sanitizer will be kept in visiting areas. Housekeeping will throughly clean and disinfect visitation areas daily.